Skip to main content

Third time is a charm!

So sorry for the long break in between post! November got away from me!

Third time is a charm, right? 
After returning from Florida and trying to get back to life as we knew it, we also knew we MAY have a baby due in a few weeks. Like I said, I fell into a depression. I really could not get my heart into this third opportunity. I returned anything baby we had. There were no signs in our house that a baby was possibly due in 3 short weeks. 

We had booked a vacation in early 2014 to go to Disney World in May. We would return one day before Mama C was to be induced. We still went on our vacation, because at this point, I needed to spend time with my family. My family I knew was probably as complete as it was ever going to be. My two older boys joined us and it was just what I needed! We returned home on a Sunday night in the middle of a very bad thunderstorm. Lighting struck our house and took out our cooktop! Put that on the list of things to do!

We hadn’t really communicated with Mama C much. Any communication was between her mother and myself. If there was any. In my gut, I really felt that her mother was pushing for the adoption more than she was. We did not have our hopes set high. As a matter of fact, very few people even knew we had another opportunity on the horizon! 

Come Monday morning, Mama C’s mother text me and asked if we could be at the hospital at 8am. She was schedule for a c-section. My husband took the morning off work-he didn’t want to take the whole day and “waste” it if it wasn’t going to work! 
We waited what seemed like forever in the waiting room with bio-grandma. It was actually only an hour! A nurse came out and said “it’s a boy!” We weren’t sure if she was talking to us or to bio-grandma! Then the nurse said to me “mama wants you to have the other hospital bracelet. She says you are his mommy!” I was shocked! I stood there and cried! Having a bracelet meant we had access to him all the time! In the nursery and everywhere! The she asked if we wanted to see him!! YES! YES! 
Now keep in mind this is very foreign to us! And come to find out, it was very foreign to the hospital...we were the first adoption case they have ever had! 
We walked into the nursery and met our baby! All three of us! I let bio-grandma hold him first...I don’t know why? I think I thought “he’s not ours yet...he’s hers!” She then passed him to me and said “meet your mommy!”


 We had such a wonderful hospital experience. We were able to keep him the entire 72 hours. Mama C did have some alone time with him as well as having time all together. 
At 71 hours, Mama C came into our room and held him again. We talked and she said “I’ll see you in one hour for signing!” She went back to her room. One hour past, two hours past, three hours past...we started panicking! The pediatrician came in to tell us about his final check and asked us if papers were signed! We didn’t know. We hadn’t seen or heard from anyone. So the pediatrician went to Mama C’s room to talk to her. She was gone. She had been dismissed 3 hours prior! Papers were signed and she was gone! We didn’t get to say goodbye. But that created a comical problem...our son still had his hospital bracelet on that needed to be deactivated with hers! They had to cut it off...which lead to doors locking and sirens sounding! At least we know the security system works! 


We were then dismissed! We had a newborn son! Kyson Allen. And he was perfect!

On the way home, I kept thinking we were going to get pulled over or have the police show up at our door...I really felt like we stole a baby! I mean...there were sirens at the hospital!

Three and a half years later and he’s still perfect....and the police have not showed up! 

And then we decided to do it again!

Comments