Skip to main content

Hello Fresh-Do I love it?

Ok, so let me start this off with no one is paying me! I bought my own box and this is my honest opinion!

Cooking is something I enjoy....I don’t love it, but I enjoy it.  I LOVE baking! Let me tell you why I don’t LOVE cooking! Because I have a family! And said family is picky! I mean, I’m picky...but I figure if I’m cooking, I can cook stuff I like! I don’t eat seafood, my husband doesn’t eat red meat and my three year old just doesn’t eat! My one year old eats about anything, though, so that's a win!

Anyway, a couple months ago my husbands’ Aunt said she had done Hello Fresh and had a free week to give away and asked if we would like to try it!  I had been looking at different meal delivery options but never committed. So I figured a free sample would be a great start! So I signed up, picked my meals and a few days later I get the meals! Pretty good and tasty!  But would I do it again if I had to pay for it....not sure! I kept my account active and just delayed the shipments!

And then....I get an email stating my shipment is on the way! What?? I thought I delayed? I hadn’t picked the meals...this was clearly going to be a disaster! Turns out it was totally my fault and October snuck up on me....which is the month I hadn’t delayed! Ooops! I did look on their website to preview what I was going to get...I was a little nervous, I’m not going to lie! It was 3 different meals, chicken, pork and beef! With things like quinoa, orzo, couscous. So chances were we were not going to like it!

Last night I made the Winner Winner Chicken Orzo Dinner. I knew the hubs would eat it because, chicken. I knew the 3 year old would not eat it because, food! And I was on the fence! Let me tell you....YUMMY!
What is came with!

From all the meal plans I had looked at previously, I this one was at the top of my list for this reason: nothing comes cut up!  And I love that!  I am very picky how I cut my vegetables and I didn't want that ruined!  So you do have to cut everything, including your meat.  I don't love touching/cutting raw meat, but if it means I can cut my own vegetables, then I'm fine with it!
and I use Pampered Chef knives and they are AWESOME!

Anyway, from prep to table, it was about 30 min. Now, keep in mind, I have two littles running around and needing things as well, so for a much more organized person, it may take a little less time!  

AND the hubs loved it!  Not so much the zucchini because it's "feely" (whatever that means) but everything else!

If you would like to try Hello Fresh, use this link to get $40 off your first box!


Comments